October 10, 2011

Art Therapy Part 2: Partial Program

This is part two of the art I have done in therapy. These two are from the DBT partial program that I went to. You can see part 1 here, which includes art from while I was inpatient.


August 16, 2011
Moss on a Rock

The theme for this was to draw something that you feel represents you in nature. I drew moss on a rock. I can't really remember why... I think I was trying to show that I grow on hard surfaces and can thrive in the darker places but I'm also stuck there because moss can't really survive in the really sunny areas.


August 23, 2011

Safety Mask

This one scares me a little bit. The theme here was to draw how you represent yourself to the world and how you feel you really are. So my mask has this giant fake smile but it just looks very empty in the eyes and mouth. The blues and yellows represent the happy, calm exterior that I show to everyone around me. All around the mask is what I'm covering up - the pain and sadness and anger that is now leaking out from behind the mask because there's too much of it to hide anymore. Again, my scanner didn't like all of the oranges I used so it just looks very red...

No comments:

Post a Comment