September 9, 2011

Something a Little Bit Different

At one point I was complaining a lot about how I was running out of pastels and I wanted to buy more but I was being too lazy to go out and find some. My mother very kindly bought me some in order to surprise me. However, she mistook a box of soft pastels for oil pastels, and those are actually very different. But I tried them out anyways and this is the product of that attempt...


July 14, 2011


Longest River

It's simple since it was my first time drawing with soft pastels. The river represents the long journey of dealing with PTSD and how it's like swimming against the current in painful red water. The sky is ominous and dark, which represents how easy it is to lose hope because it's hard to see clearly and it's especially hard to see the end of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment