November 10, 2011

Pre-Hospital Drawings

Stiiilllll in the hospital. Sorry for the huge delays between posts. I'll post two pictures now to make up for it...


October 2, 2011
Lost

I drew this one right before I went into the hospital for the second time. I was feeling lost and angry. My emotions were swirling around and sucking me in. I was desperate to get some of it out. This one didn't help me all that much when I drew it so I got even angrier and drew the next one...



October 2, 2011
Attack

This one is more literal than usual and it makes me very uncomfortable to look at. I started with the red spikes coming down and then I was kind of like, "Fuck it, I'll just draw what they really represent." So I drew penises on the attack. And cried. So I got the release that I needed from some of the emotions that were feeling overwhelming. Just posting this has actually helped me again by reminding me how much I was struggling with the PTSD symptoms before coming into the hospital - which is something I should tell my treatment team...

No comments:

Post a Comment