July 5, 2012

No Drawing :(

I've been so busy recently that I haven't really done much drawing and therefore not much blogging either. I have basically been taking full advantage of the fact that I don't want to constantly isolate anymore. 

I realized a couple of exciting things this week. First, I've stopped waiting for everything to fall apart. I'm still nervous that it will happen, but I'm no longer expecting it to happen all the time. Second, I noticed that I haven't been having urges to cut recently. Somehow I replaced that urge with the urge to just chew on my thumb, which I haven't been doing because I don't want to hurt myself in any way, so I have been chewing a lot of gum instead. That's really amazing for me. Since I was in high school I pretty much have had cutting urges every day, and usually multiple times a day. There are probably a few exceptions in there, but I can't really remember them. So I'm really happy about those things. And then I'm also really happy with my new job. It's only been a few days, but I already feel much more comfortable with my job than I did before. I'm not bored out of my mind, like I was before. And I'm not constantly worried about bumping into my boss anymore. My new boss is a very nice, mild-mannered guy. I don't have to go into a meeting cringing because I'm either expecting to get my head eaten off or to have to listen to an hour-long rant about conspiracy theories or juice diets. So all in all, things are pretty good right now.

I will try to get some more pictures up soon. I will hopefully get to do some drawing this weekend. And happy day-after-July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment