March 17, 2012

Tiptoeing Around

I have been neglecting my blog this week so I'm going to try to change that right now. Good news: I've been doing pretty well recently. I'm scared to make any sudden movements though in case I suddenly dip again. I'm scared to think about things in case I trigger myself. I'm nervous that something is going to happen that will make me plunge back into that dark place. But despite that, I have been doing well and hopefully it stays that way. By the way, tiptoeing is a really weird word to spell.


Chasms

March 6, 2012
The blue lines in this represent how depression sneaks around in my brain. It kind of winds around everywhere so I'm scared to think about the wrong thing or I might set it off. Surrounding the blue are the "normally" functioning parts of my brain. I know that I'm able to be rational and I'm smart and creative - the colors are bright because I know that I am capable of joy and happiness. Despite that, I'm almost constantly scared that the blue line is going to expand and take over. I'm scared it's going to make me irrational and self-destructive. I'm really hoping it stays under control.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, I just wanted to firstly say that your drawing is wonderful! I suffer from PTSD and I understand the fear of slipping back into the dark place again. I have learned to cope with my symptoms at http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-nd. I hope this is helpful for others still dealing with their PTSD. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debera,
      Thank you for looking at my blog - I'm glad you like the drawing!
      I read through some of the website and it looks very informative and helpful - thanks for sharing that with me!
      All the best,
      Kate

      Delete