December 9, 2011

Pride

My parents are all proud of me now for trying to be positive on my blog! (It's this new thing I'm trying, if you hadn't noticed.) So today I'm going to post something I drew for them a little while ago. My parents were awesome and bought me a big box of Sennelier oil pastels, which are very very nice. They're pretty different from what I've been using though so this was also an experimental drawing. They blend much more nicely than what I've been using but they don't have the same precision that I'm used to.


November 18, 2011
Growth

I wanted to draw something that represented growth. I didn't mean for it to be so literal with the tree but the drawing just kind of naturally evolved into one. This is the growth that I've been feeling within since deciding that I really need to fight for myself and have the determination to recover and heal. I'm really trying to be in a better place and I feel like I've been doing pretty well so far. I'm practicing and using the DBT skills that I've been learning. I'm trying to do what my CBT therapist tells me to do. And I've been trying to be easier on myself and look after myself. I'm proud of the steps I've taken so far though I know that I still have a lot of growing left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment