December 12, 2011

Balance

I drew these two pictures while I was in the hospital. I was trying to draw balance in both of them as a reminder that there are positive things in my life.


November 8, 2011
Trying to Stay Together

In the middle is how I was feeling while I was in the hospital. Broken up and lots of emotions going on. It was contained by the hospital, represented by the blue ring. Outside of that are petals of a flower. Some petals are missing, representing the negative parts of my life such as dealing with the effects of depression and dealing with PTSD. Some of the petals are bright yellow, representing the positive light parts of my life such as having family to help me through the tough times as well as being there in good times and having supportive friends. Outside of that is the scary unknown. At the time I was feeling hurt, so the unknown looks red and painful because I was scared that's what it was going to be like.


November 11, 2011
Sadness Whirlpool

I drew this one when I was feeling like the sadness of losing my therapist was sucking me downwards. Outside of the sadness on the right is pain and anger. I was feeling very hurt and feeling like I had made horrible mistakes and done stuff wrong and that's why I lost her. On the other side I drew hope. I have a wave of silver, gold and pink at the top and glowing yellow at the bottom left. I wanted to draw the balance of feelings so that I didn't get too sucked into the whirlpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment