August 28, 2011

Opposites... Kind Of

I drew these next two one after the other and it's intriguing to me now that they seem almost like opposites but they're actually linked together pretty strongly. The first one is depression and the second one is internalized anger. Those two things kind of feed off of each other and they can make each other worse.

Black Hole

This was a representation of depression. A black hole in the middle sucking everything in. I've had lots of interesting ideas from other people for what they thought that it was... It's definitely not a flower - but again, find whatever speaks to you.




Fury Contained

At the time of drawing this, I wasn't really sure what I was doing. But looking at it now, I see all of my anger exploding inside but being held in and attacking me instead of being let out to where it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment