November 24, 2012

Gratitude

What with Thanksgiving a few days ago and all, I thought I'd make a little list of things I'm grateful for. It seems like a good DBT-type-thingy to do - think of all of the positive rather than only focusing on the negative.

Things I'm Grateful For

1. My parents and brother - I know that all three of them will be there for me no matter what happens. I'm know how lucky I am to be unconditionally loved.

2. My friends - they put up with me being a boring/selfish/tired/crazy depressed person for a good while and yet still seem to like me ;). (Especially my poor roommate...)

3. All of the therapists, mental health workers, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and doctors who have helped and are helping me through all of this. I can think of so many amazing things that each person I've met has taught me or done for me that it would be almost impossible to name everything. Five years ago, I never thought I would be where I am now, and I wouldn't be here without the help of so many caring people.

4. My job - the fact that I have one; that I can afford to put a roof over my head and feed myself because of it; that I do something that I really enjoy; that I no longer have an insane boss; that I have so many unbelievably nice coworkers; that it gives me amazing health benefits; and that it allows me to take graduate classes practically for free.

5. My resilience and strength. I have no idea where I would be without it - but I'm sure it wouldn't be a very nice place.

No comments:

Post a Comment